Thursday, 26 April 2012

Wine makes me want to be a better person.

So today out of celebration of my only two finals I would like to dedicate my love to wine.

My love affair with wine began around four years ago when I was in Europe. Before I thought the stuff was disgusting, fermented grapes, really? Apparently I was drinking the wrong wine.

Enter Italy, Greece, France, and Spain.

I was packing up my apartment today and I found my journal from my travels in Europe. Aside from the fact that the journal will never see anyones else's eyes but mine (secrets must be kept), I wrote down everything I had learnt from my trip, and it all seems to be tied together by wine.

You see, everyone I had met, all these experiences I would never have had the opportunity to live would never have happened if it wasn't for wine. This is what brought us together, and for those who needed a little extra encouragement (like me) it brought out a bubbly side, smiles, and laughter. These people changed my life, I changed my life. Really I had went from a sad chick to this person who I wouldn't have recognized before I left Canada. I discovered how strong I could be, and how inspiring so many different people can be if you just hear their story. And these stories were usually shared around a glass of wine.

So raise your glass, I don't care if it's from a 1 euro bottle of wine (yes, I went there and it was amazing), or an overpriced bottle of hootch; this is for the amazing moments we have shared around a bottle and the friendships with lasting impressions and inspiring stories that can change lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment