![]() |
| Babes. Beers. and Backcountry booters. Day Three |
I got into skiing when I was kid. A young child of 4 my Dad threw me on a pair of ski's and hoped for the best, and he definitely got it. I was hooked! I was stoked on being able to ride down the side of a snow bank and thought I was going to be the next big thing on my skis. By the time I was 12 snowboarding was the cool thing to do and I desperately wanted to be a cool kid and so was my worst day of my life on my board. My Dad was screaming at me at the end of the day telling me to get my ass off the hill, I was too stubborn and I wanted to master the sport in a day.
Turns out you have to fast forward about 7 years of flittering from skiing to snowboarding....
![]() |
| Amazing backcountry pow day in Whistler. 2007. |
A season in New Zealand and back to my home mountain of Mt. Washington I can't imagine my life without snowboarding.
Today, with a fractured sternum I don't regret any day I spend on a mountain. It's my healthy addiction and I am better and more sure on my feet every day that goes by. Once again snowboarding is tied into friends and smiles, building back country booters with girls and boys. Really, who could ask for anything better?


No comments:
Post a Comment